Skip to main content


Showing posts from October, 2013

Candy corn

I saw this on and decided we should, in the name of mommy/daughter rainy day projects, obey. I started with two pieces of felt stuck together with iron-on fusible webbing (Mom suggested this to give it more rigidity for hanging). I Googled a candy corn pic as a cheat sheet, traced it on, and Girl #1 and I began the great button sort.  I had bought a few cheap packages of orange, yellow and white buttons, but the all the same size and color was quickly boooooring, so Grandma's old button stash to the rescue! The Girl was great at sorting through those by color, while I ended up doing most of the glueing. I like the different textures and shades of color we ended up with. Twine for a hanger, and voila!